Wednesday 27 May 2009

Ribbit


Well. I'm in love. I've known about these guys for a while but never given them a proper listen. Now I can safely say they're one of my favourite producers of 2009!

I'm talking about the fantastically named, Frogs in Socks. For me, they take deep and percussive techno and tech house to a whole new level. Their bootlegs are off the chain, the choice of samples is fantastic, the production is top grade... i've never enjoyed or bopped to tech so much! It's music for the club, that doesn't discriminate, that's thoughtful and interesting and hardly ever repeats or grates on itself. It all ends up becoming a wonderful symphony of both aggressive grit and subtle warmth in the low end and glitchy samples and quirky sounds in the high end, all rolled up inside a rolling wave of cultural percussion and varied influences.

If it hasn't become clear already, I can't suck up to these boys enough. And it's not just me saying it! Frogs in Socks recently won the iDJ Mix Competition and Chew the Fat! DJ Competition with one of the best mixes I've heard in a LONG time. They've also been raped regularly by Radio 1 DJ's, played at this year's Snowbombing Festival and are a firm favourite of one of my other top producers, Solo.

Without further adieu, and before I do actually start to wet myself, here's a taster of Frogs in Socks:

Slumfrog Millionaires (iDJ & Chew the Fat! Winning Mix) - Frogs in Socks

We are The People (Frogs in Socks Remix) - Empire of The Sun

Dum (Frogs in Socks Remix) - The Martin Brothers [SOUNDCLOUD LINK]

Shack 54 (Frogs in Socks Remix) - Two Lone Swordsmen [SOUNDCLOUD LINK]

Right Here, Right Now (Frogs in Socks Remix) - Fatboy Slim

Be sure to hit up the myspace and their beatport page!

- KAISER

No comments:

Post a Comment